SecureUndelete for Files restores deleted files, including those removed from Windows Recycle Bin. In case of accidental removal of files on a NTFS (1.0 and 2.0) (default for Windows Vista, XP, 2000 and NT), FAT32, FAT16 or FAT12 file systems this is the utility to help.
Supported file systems:
NTFS 1.0, NTFS 2.0, FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32
The recovered files are saved into a new user-selected location to prevent overwriting the deleted files on the original media.
Proper Usage Techniques
A deleted file is essentially an area on disk designated as free and ready to accept data (such as contents of some other file). Luckily, unless the area has already been overwritten, it still holds the contents of the deleted file. Due to this fact it is possible to undelete files.
This fact also dictates the following procedure for using SecureUndelete for Files:
- Stop any activity on the disk you are going to undelete files from! Remember that writing to that disk can damage the contents of the deleted files. Examples of disastrous activity include: copying files to the disk, installing programs there or running programs that use the disk as their swap media.
- Download and install SecureUndelete for Files. Whenever possible, save the setup executable and install the program to a disk that does not hold files you need to undelete.
- Run and use SecureUndelete for Files.
Tip: It is common that the only drive user has is C: and this is also the drive from where files need to be undeleted. In that case a good solution is using a USB flash drive as SecureUndelete for Files download and install destination.
- File systems supported: NTFS 1.0, NTFS 2.0, FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32
- Operating systems supported: Windows XP, 2000, NT 4 (SP2 or higher required), Windows 7, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server
- Easy to use, no special user skills required
- Full install/uninstall support
- Does not support Windows 98, Windows 98SE and Windows ME
- Operating system: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 2003 Server or 2008 Server
- RAM: 256-1024 MB
- Hard Disk: minimum 10 MB of free space required for installation
- Display: 640 x 480 or higher resolution, 256 colors
What types of files will SecureUndelete repair?
SecureUndelete is designed to recover any type of deleted file. It is not restricted to a specific format. However, it is not designed for corrupt files.
What should I know before I install SecureUndelete?
Because deleted files can be easily overwritten, it is extremely important that you immediately shut down any device that contains deleted files as soon as you notice that you have accidentally deleted your data.
You must install SecureUndelete on a secondary device -- not the hard drive, flash drive or other medium where the original files are located. Otherwise, the software may overwrite your deleted files and recovery will be impossible. Follow the instructions carefully for the best chances of a full recovery.
Is there a difference between the software license options?
Yes. Please visit the Licensing page before purchasing SecureUndelete to review information about the various license options.
What if my files are not deleted, but they are inaccessible or corrupt?
Please browse through our other software products to find an appropriate utility.